Denim is such a versatile fabric, from a casual look to elegantly stylish. I teamed this look with a vintage floral skirt from Reiss, clutch from Jimmy Choo accompanied by simple statement earrings from Oliver Bonos. To bring this denim look to life, I chose a pair of denim heels, however a pair of strappy sandals or sneakers would look great too!… not forgetting sunglasses to encourage the sun!
Imagine, denim was worn by miners and mechanics many years ago and thought to be the uniform for those who worked as laborers. Today high street and high end designers alike wont go a season without adding a denim piece or an entire collection!
What I adore about denim more than anything is the way you can customize your piece to suit you! weather you’re going for a distressed look, or adding embellishment you can really go to town curating your very own timeless piece.
FUN FACTS ON THE HISTORY OF DENIM:
- Origins is said to be from Europe
- The fabric “serge de nimes” was introduced in France during the 17th Century
- The name “Denim” is derived from “serge de nimes”
- The patent for blue jeans was issued on May 20th, 1873, this date is presently regarded as the birth of the Blue Jeans.
Today denim is very much a timeless fashion piece that is a must have for every wardrobe! A savvy denim purchase will take you from one year to the next. This will help your look be a more bespoke one as retailers tend to release different styles each season. I challenge you to check your wardrobe….you could be sitting on a denim gem!
There are soooo many ways to wear denim and create your very own unique look.
Denim on denim has been taking over the catwalk and we are totally here for it! You can really play about with colors and textures to create a look that expresses your style personality. This look took me from the office to cocktail hour after work. Dress from river island, sunglasses from Aldo.
MY STYLE HACKS FOR DENIM ON DENIM:
- Wear darker denim on your lower half, and lighter on your top. This creates a nice silhouette
- Don’t wear the same type of denim from head to toe…. we don’t want to be over intentional with this look fashion is fun and we are all about helping you to get in touch with the playful you!
- Florals have been trending over the last few years and is a lovely contrast.
- Statement jewelry is always a winner and makes your look really pop!
- Think bold block colors (neon is great too!) – this will collaborate well with your look, giving you that effortlessly edgy vibe.
- To transform your look from day to evening…a fab pair of heels maybe a bold color or diamante/sparkly shoes will ensure you’re the Queen of the night!!